The WFA 2.0 Workforce Advantage Conventional financing will be replacing the existing WFA Program. The WFA 2.0 will continue to provide Down Payment Assistance to first-time homebuyers who meet income eligibility requirements.
Workforce Advantage 2.0 is available to First-Time homebuyers who
- Earn up to 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) (Household Income)
- Purchase a single-family home, condominium or two-family home in Massachusetts
Workforce Advantage Details
- DPA loan is a 0% deferred mortgage due upon Sale, Refinance or Payoff of the First Mortgage
- DPA loan amount: 5% of the sales price or $25,000, whichever is less, in the 26 Gateway Cities* and the City of Boston
- DPA loan amount: 5% of the sales price or $15,000, whichever is less, in the remainder of the Commonwealth
- Available for purchases of 2-unit properties in addition to single-family homes, condominiums and PUDs
- A Lender-Paid Single MI premium with MI Plus paid by MassHousing with no LLPAs
*The Gateway Cities are Attleboro, Barnstable, Brockton, Chelsea, Chicopee, Everett, Fall River, Fitchburg, Haverhill, Holyoke, Lawrence, Leominster, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Methuen, New Bedford, Peabody, Pittsfield, Quincy, Revere, Salem, Springfield, Taunton, Westfield, and Worcester.