The Workforce Advantage First Time Homebuyer (WFA) Conventional financing comes with Down Payment Assistance and discounted mortgage insurance premiums.
Affordable financing with down payment assistance for lower-income first-time homebuyers in Boston and the Commonwealth's Gateway Cities.
Made possible by a $2.5 million grant from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Workforce Advantage is available to First Time homebuyers who
- Earn up to 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Purchase a single-family home or condominium in the City of Boston or one of the Commonwealth's 26 Gateway Cities*
*The Gateway Cities are Attleboro, Barnstable, Brockton, Chelsea, Chicopee, Everett, Fall River, Fitchburg, Haverhill, Holyoke, Lawrence, Leominster, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Methuen, New Bedford, Peabody, Pittsfield, Quincy, Revere, Salem, Springfield, Taunton, Westfield, and Worcester.
Workforce Advantage Details
Workforce Advantage financing includes
- An affordable, fixed-rate MassHousing Mortgage
- A down payment assistance loan of up to 3% of a home’s purchase price or $15,000, whichever is less
- Discounted MassHousing Mortgage Insurance with MI Plus job loss protection for Conventional loans
- Financing may include renovation or energy efficiency improvements